Gripple® Seismic Bracing Systems are specifically designed and engineered to brace and secure suspended nonstructural equipment (VAV boxes, fans, unit heaters, small in-line pumps, etc.) and components (HVAC duct, conduit/cable tray, and piping) within a building or structure to minimize damage from an earthquake or seismic event.
Gripple® Seismic Bracing systems are ideal for use on nonstructural components and equipment requiring seismic design, such as in essential facilities that are required for emergency operations in the aftermath of an earthquake.
Gripple® Seismic Cable Bracing Systems offer the following advantages:
- Complete pre-engineered systems
- No field swaging of cables
- Up to 10 times faster to install
- No tools required
- Color coding allows easy field verification
- Suitable for new or retrofit installations
- Can be used in a variety of bracing configurations (transverse, longitudinal, 4-way)
- OSHPD OPA 2123-10 approval (GS10, GS12, and GS19 systems)
- SMACNA verified
- UL NEBS GR 63 Core Certification
There are four Gripple® Seismic kit sizes available, each with its own Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD), length of cable with color-coded tag and pre-attached end fitting, standard or retrofit bracket, and Gripple® Seismic fastener: