Gripple® Seismic is proud to hold the following industry approvals for our cable bracing systems:
Following extensive testing and qualifications, the California Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD) has assigned Gripple® Seismic Cable Bracing Systems GS10, GS12, and GS19 an OPA-2123-10 for Fixed Equipment Anchorage.
The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association has deemed Gripple® Seismic an acceptable alternative for seismic hanger bracing in strict accordance with the ANSI / SMACNA Seismic Restraint Manual – Guidelines for Mechanical Systems.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has awarded Gripple® Seismic Cable Bracing Systems the UL NEBS GR 63 Core Certification based on surpassing extensive shaker table testing requirements. Gripple® Seismic is the only seismic bracing company to hold this certification.
In addition, Gripple® Seismic Cable Bracing Systems have undergone all of the proper qualifications and extensive strength testing to meet any seismic design code requirements or standards, including:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- California State Building Code
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 7-05 Chapter 13
- Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 300 and 400
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
VIMCO vibration and noise isolation products have been tested in accordance with the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Standard 171 2008 guidelines for Method of Testing Seismic Restraint Devices for HVAC&R Equipment.